Dallas Hall was the first building constructed on campus.
The original building was constructed in 1915 and was designed by the
architectural firm Shepley, Rutan, & Coolidge.
The building's architectural style was particularly influenced by Thomas Jefferson's interpretation of the Roman
Pantheon. The 3-story rotunda and flanking wings are typical of Georgian
Revival architecture. The rotunda is topped with brilliant stained glass, and
the dome is copper with a rich green patina. Dallas Hall is one of ten SMU
buildings listed on the National Historic Register.