- Resistentialism (ri-zis-TEN-shul-iz-um)
- The theory that inanimate objects demonstrate hostile
behavior against us.
- Coined by humorist Paul Jennings as a blend of the Latin
res (thing) + French resister (to resist) + existentialism (a kind of
- "Ye" vs. "The":
- The use of "ye" for "the" is a misunderstanding of the old spelling of
"the" using the antiquated "eth" (the symbol for the vocalized "th" sound).
The eth appears to be a lower case y, however, reversing the line and stroke.
For example, we read it as "ye olde shoppe", but it would have actually read
"the olde shoppe". Middle English had several letters missing in our modern
- History of the QWERTY keyboard
- Babel Fish: Translate from/to any language: