March 24, 2021
Greetings! We are so glad you have decided to join us as we represent not only Southern Methodist University, but the United States of America at the annual D-Day commemoration events in France. The ceremonies and the entire experience will be unforgettable and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for all who participate.
First and foremost, please note that the trip is still scheduled, and the Mustang Band will participate in the D-Day Memorial Ceremonies; however, due to many mitigating factors related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are postponing our trip from June 2021 to June 2022. While we are very hopeful about the future with vaccine distribution underway and case counts going down, many uncertainties remain, and with the 2021 travel dates only a few months away, we feel postponing to 2022 will allow for a more complete experience for students and guests who will be traveling and participating in these special events.
You are sure to have questions. Please see the FAQs listed below; hopefully, your answer will be there. If you have any additional questions, you may contact Tommy Tucker, Interim Director of the Mustang Band at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of Southern Methodist University and the Mustang Band. We look forward to a wonderful and safe event next June.
D-DAY TRIP POSTPONEMENT FAQs
· I’m a senior and graduate in June 2021. Can I still participate in the trip?
o If you have already signed up and paid to participate in the trip, you may still participate at the student rate. If you are a senior who is graduating and you have not signed up to participate previously, you may still do so but it will be at the guest/alumni rate.
· I had made a decision not to participate in the June 2021 trip, either due to concerns about COVID or due to another conflict. However, I would now like to take part in June 2022. Is it too late to sign up?
o You may still sign up for the trip. Please contact Tommy Tucker, Interim Director of the Mustang Band, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Given the postponement, can more people from SMU now sign up to go?
o Yes. Both students and guests may still sign up to participate; however, the final deadline to indicate interest in participating in the 2022 trip will be September 15, 2021. If you are interested in attending and have not previously registered to attend, please contact Tommy Tucker, Interim Director of the Mustang Band, at email@example.com to learn more about pricing and payments.
· I am already on the list and would still like to go, and I have already made some payments. Will the payment schedule and/or amounts be adjusted? And if so, what are the new due dates and amounts?
o If you have already signed up to participate, you will need to complete your payments as originally indicated.
· I can no longer go on the trip with it being moved to 2022. Can I get my money back?
o Yes, you may receive a refund by contacting Tommy Tucker, Interim Director of the Mustang Band, at firstname.lastname@example.org
· When will we know the exact dates of the 2022 trip?
o We are still awaiting the final dates of the trip, but we anticipate we will travel between approximately June 1-10, 2022, with the ceremonies being held on the 5th, 6th, and 7th as they have been previously.
· Will other universities or groups who have also not been able to attend be joining the SMU Mustang Band in 2022?
o We have not been informed of other bands who may be joining the Mustang Band in 2022, but it is likely that other groups will be participating.